- Alliances and networks in 2050
- Why partnerships matter
- The role of partnerships in a time of crisis
- The drivers of partnerships
- Incorporating innovation and technology into the partnership agenda
- Diversity and inclusion across the region
- Universities resolving the climate crisis together
- THE Awards Asia 2023
- Research to sustain Asia's development by 2050
- Research across the region
- Healthy and resilient Asia: Innovative biomedicine
- Transitioning to clean energy
- Powering the future academic workforce and cultivating talent
- Citations and money vs capacity-building
- Gala dinner and ranking reveal
- THE Asia University Rankings 2023 data masterclass
- Internationalisation with Asia characteristics
- Future trends in student mobility
- Widening access to higher education across Asia
- Preparing Asia's students for the future of work
- Leadership reflections: Presidential panel
- Save on events: Free and discounted tickets to all our events
- Grow your network: Join a community of thought-leaders and build relationships with industry peers
- Discover key insights: Access the latest university performance data from around the globe
- Feel connected and informed: Attend in-person events, join live discussions online and watch webinars on-demand
- Access bespoke content: Receive a tailored post-event email with resources and editorial coverage
The Asian university in 2050
21-23 June 2023
Event starts in
The rise of Asia’s universities has been one of the most significant developments in the recent history of higher education. The region has increased its representation from a quarter to a third of all institutions listed in the THE World University Rankings over the past five years.
While the region’s performance mirrors global shifts in GDP, the higher education story is also one of strong public investment in the sector, a commitment to internationalisation, and strong cultural capital attached to the importance of universities.
But issues such as an uncertain geopolitical outlook, vast income differences across the region, and the economic and social aftershocks of a global pandemic will shape the next phase of Asia’s growth up to the midpoint of the 21st century.
Hosted in partnership with The Chinese University of Hong Kong, the THE Asia Universities Summit 2023 will focus on the fundamental question – is there such a thing as a distinctly “Asian” university in such an economically, culturally and socially diverse region? What will it mean to be an Asian university in 2050?
The summit will feature the exclusive live reveal of the THE Asia University Rankings 2023, accompanied by a data masterclass to explore the latest data and identify the best-performing institutions in the continent.
Day 1: Partnerships and alliances
Day 2: Research strategies and emerging megatrends
Day 3: Internationalisation and the student experience
New feature: Country Pavilions
The summit will see the launch of a new initiative, Country Pavilions. The pavilions will showcase participating higher education institutions that are using THE’s unique data analysis to help them identify potential new partners, discover suitable collaborators and demonstrate their institutional strengths to event delegates.
Located on campus at The Chinese University of Hong Kong, the three Country Pavilions – for Greater China, India and the wider international community – will give five institutions from those localities a platform to exhibit their research impact and identify new opportunities for strategic collaboration across the region and beyond.
Each Country Pavilion will be unique, representing the visions, strengths, culture and most-urgent considerations of their region.
We welcome you to visit the exhibition stands in the three pavilions, meet participating universities and hear their institutional stories through 10-minute presentations, which will take place during the networking lunch breaks on the first two days of the event. This is a unique opportunity for delegates to find out about the participating universities’ research and expertise, as well as have open informal discussions about possible future collaborations and partnerships.
A limited number are still available – if you are interested and to find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE’s events offer unrivalled and consistent quality of content, senior-level networking, and a legacy of debates and discussion hosted within the agenda. Strategically engage with your target audience by exposing your brand, industry knowledge and thought leadership to the global higher education community.
Be a part of our thriving community. Join the THE Events Network for an annual cost-saving fee.