- What are the benefits of embedding liberal arts within higher education in Asia, the world's largest continent and a rising power, particularly in STEM subjects?
- How important are the liberal arts for Asia's future economic and social development in the face of global challenges?
- How can Asian higher education foster critical thinking and creativity through this model?
- How a liberal arts education can give graduates a competitive edge in Asia’s job market today
- The role of liberal arts in cultivating a more culturally diverse and inclusive cohort
- How interdisciplinary learning can provide a flexible and engaging experience for students
- How liberal arts are conducive to realising a more equitable vision of digital pedagogy across the continent
- Advancing the SDGs through a liberal arts lens
- Save on events: Free or discounted tickets to our events
- Grow your network: Join a community of thought-leaders and build relationships with industry peers
- Discover key insights: Access the latest university performance data from around the globe
- Keep up to date: Latest news, commentary and opportunities from the world of higher education
- Shape the agenda: Join our panel of experts who help define our global event series
- Feel connected and informed: Watch seminars on-demand, join discussions online or attend in-person events
- Access bespoke content: Receive a monthly newsletter with tailored post-event write-ups
Liberal arts in Asian higher education
23–24 JUNE 2022
Hosted in partnership with Lingnan University, this virtual event explored the advantages of a liberal arts approach within Asian higher education as a whole. We addressed diversity, student outcomes and impact within the context of the SDGs.
The term “liberal arts” traditionally conjures images of leafy, Western institutions offering small classes and flexible learning, with a focus on the arts, humanities and natural sciences. But...
Be a part of our thriving community. Join the THE World Summit Series Network and enjoy access to our full series of virtual and in-person events for an annual cost-saving fee.